Wide experience in project development
L. O. Baptista has a track record of success in developing projects involving the sale, distribution, generation, and transmission of energy. Our work includes advising investors, financial institutions, and players of the energy sector on a wide range of commercial transactions in the electric industry.
In the field of renewable energy, our firm is experienced in representing clients in developing and financing green & brown field projects. Our practice is focused on all legal, regulatory, and tax aspects.
Our team advises potential bidders on the bidding process for the construction and operation of transmission lines, on the legal and regulatory framework for energy generation projects (independent power producers, autoproducers, and distributed generation) and in administrative and judicial proceedings. We also conduct discussions
and monitor processes with regulatory agencies. Our lawyers provide input and remarks at public consultations and hearings held by the agencies of the electric industry, where they identify risks and opportunities for our clients.
Our team has experience in dealing with institutions and national and foreign businesses in the energy industry. These relationships have earned us a profound knowledge of the market, and this is what sets us apart when it comes to devising strategies.
How we can help:
- Advising on all aspects involved in structuring, preparing and negotiating energy generation, transmission, distribution, and sale projects;
- Advising Brazilian and foreign businesses on the opportunities, conditions and restrictions underlying the electric industry;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and assessing the risks involved as well as advising on M&A transactions;
- Providing assistance on environmental licensing;
- Monitoring auctions, biddings, contract awarding processes, and concession and authorization processes as well as EPC contracts and financing and O&M agreements;
- Advising on the negotiation process for joint-bidding agreements.