L.O. Baptista’s experience in dispute resolution comes from more than four decades serving national and foreign clients, which empowers us to offer excellent services through an integrated, innovative and strategic approach, both in the preventive and litigation scope.
In the scenario we live in today, the ideal solution for any dispute is a multidisciplinary approach, which connects Litigation, Arbitration, Mediation and other effective methods, to the skills of specialists from different areas of Business Law to act at the time of a dispute.
The firm’s solid trajectory and full practice profile offer a comprehensive view with a focus on the best solutions for clients, bringing important advantages, such as proven experience in areas of Corporate Law, including Corporate, M&A, Infrastructure, Tax, Competition, Compliance, International Trade, Innovation and Technology, Data Protection, Intellectual Property, Regulatory, Labor, Wealth Management, among others.
Our team is recognized as one of the best in Latin America according to national and international specialized publications. L.O. Baptista was awarded the Best Brazilian Dispute Resolution Firm by the Leaders League in its most recent editions, in 2018 and 2019.
How can we help:
- Assistance to clients in preparatory stages for the resolution of disputes, involving complex negotiations with multiple parties and structuring of agreements, and the adoption of different alternative means of conflict resolution, such as mediation and conciliation.
- Composition of teams qualified to litigate before all Brazilian administrative and judicial spheres, in the most diverse areas, with emphasis on performance in strategic business disputes and performance in transnational commercial litigation, with the collaboration of global networks of law firms.
- Expertise in arbitrations involving different industry sectors and business disputes, such as infrastructure, M&A, oil and gas, mining, retail and supply chain.
- Preparation and structuring of opinions on issues of repercussion in business disputes in Brazilian and foreign courts, including affidavits and legal opinions.
- Advising and representing clients in online dispute resolution (ODR) and procedures regarding smart contracts, mediated by new technologies.
Latin Lawyer Reference Litigation 2020
Our team was invited to edit the Brazilian chapter of the Latin Lawyer Reference Litigation 2020, which presents questions and answers related to the area.