Planning for good governance and continuity
L.O. Baptista has a multidisciplinary practice team comprised of highly qualified and experienced lawyers ready to assist families and family businesses in planning the future use and transfer of assets and business control.
We draw on our expertise in structuring family and corporate governance schemes, carrying out corporate restructurings and preparing shareholders’ agreements and family protocols and also in income and inheritance taxes to provide our clients with solutions tailored to meet their needs. Our focus is on safety, ethics and efficiency.
When the right legal tools are used, equity planning not only allows for the best asset management, lower tax load and better protection against market downfalls and adverse circumstances, but it also makes the succession process smoother by allocating heirs as intended.
How we can help:
- Advising on corporate restructuring, succession planning and immigration planning;
- Assisting our clients in making inter vivos gifts;
- Helping our clients draw up and execute wills and establish guardianships;
- Drafting prenuptial, civil union and relationship agreements;
- Drawing up corporate documents (shareholders agreements, bylaws and articles of association of holding companies, minutes of meetings, board and committee rules and regulations);
- Implementing family or corporate governance best practices for business groups, improving stability and foreseeability and providing added value;
- Representing clients in extrajudicial probate processes and divorces;
- Representing clients in judicial probate proceedings and divorces and related disputes
- Providing individuals and families with legal advice on tax planning and on the payment
of transfer taxes (ITCMD);
- Counseling on resource allocation.