Enabling private action in regulated markets
The establishment of regulatory agencies in Brazil was of fundamental importance for the contribution of national and international investments in the sectors of infrastructure, public concessions and natural resources in the country. Since then, L.O.Baptista has been representing important companies of these segments before the regulatory agencies and authorities in the federal, state and municipal spheres.
We advise companies in discussions about the regulatory and legislative framework for oil, natural gas, electricity, transportation, ports, sanitation, water resources, telecommunications and health surveillance, with participation in public hearings at the National Petroleum Agency, Natural Gas and (ANP), National Agency of Electric Energy (ANEEL), National Agency of Terrestrial Transport (ANTT), National Water Transport Agency (ANTAQ), Secretariat of Ports (SEP), National Water Agency (ANA), Agência Nacional de Telecommunications (ANATEL), National Sanitary Surveillance Agency (ANVISA), local public authorities and technical committees of the National Congress.
How can we help:
- Assistance in competitive bidding and public bidding.
- Consulting for formation of consortia or associations, as well as in the negotiation and formation of contracts.
- Representation of concessionaires in administrative processes and consultations with regulatory agencies.
- Presentation of appeals, contestations and challenges, as well as follow-up on administrative procedures before regulatory agencies.
- Proceeding in judicial litigation resulting from bidding processes or disputes arising from concession or authorization contracts.
- Assistance in health surveillance and clinical research.
- Obtaining licenses, authorizations and release of materials, as well as certification of products and equipment with the regulatory bodies.