Enabling private action in regulated markets
The organization of regulatory agencies in Brazil was essential for the national and international investments in infrastructure and mineral resources sectors in the country. From that moment L.O. Baptista has been representing important companies of these sectors before the regulatory bodies and authorities in the federal, state and municipal spheres.
We assist companies in discussions on the regulatory and legislative framework of the oil, natural gas and energy activities, with the attendance in public hearings at the National Agency of Oil, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP), at Agência Nacional de Energia Elétrica (National Agency of Electric Power (ANEEL), Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária (National Agency of Sanitation Surveillance – ANVISA) and at the technical commissions of the National Congress.
L.O. Baptista also represents clients in the defense of their interests in Court by virtue of class actions and other judicial measures as well as guidance on applicable laws, rules and regulations, including representations before ministries, government agencies and other public authorities acting in the following markets: Energy, Oil, Natural Gas, Petrochemical, Biofuels, Transportation, Telecommunications, Pharmaceutical, Basic Sanitation, Mining, Ports and Terminals.
How can we help:
- Assistance in competitive bidding and public bidding.
- Consulting for formation of consortia or associations, as well as in the negotiation and formation of contracts.
- Representation of concessionaires in administrative processes and consultations with regulatory agencies.
- Presentation of appeals, contestations and challenges, as well as follow-up on administrative procedures before regulatory agencies.
- Proceeding in judicial litigation resulting from bidding processes or disputes arising from concession or authorization contracts.
- Assistance in health surveillance and clinical research.
- Obtaining licenses, authorizations and release of materials, as well as certification of products and equipment with the regulatory bodies.