Mitigating risks in a constantly changing market
In Brazil’s rapidly growing consumer market, companies should be prepared to deal with the ever-changing rules that govern their relationship with consumers and society. Today’s society is becoming more and more demanding and aware of its rights and is interacting with companies and brands virtually in real time.
Balancing good reputation and financial sustainability in such a dynamic environment requires specialized legal support from experienced, highly qualified lawyers who can provide companies with clear and reliable advice on the best course of action in each situation.
L.O. Baptista Consumer Law practice group consists of lawyers who have a strong academic background and extensive practical experience in various sectors, including technology and retail, sugar and ethanol, energy and natural resources – just to name a few. Our approach is business-oriented and goes beyond handling situations and proceedings simplistically. Our main focus is to preserve the image and protect the best interests of our clients.
How can we help you:
• Preventive legal advice to suppliers of goods and services on all aspects of consumer laws.
• Legal opinion on risk mitigation (compliance).
• Advice on the implementation of e-commerce platforms, particularly for retailers.
• Advice and representation in litigation.
• Interaction with consumer protection agencies, such as PROCON and the Department for Consumer Protection and Defense of the Department of Economic Law of the Ministry of Justice (DPDC-SDE/MJ).
• Advice and representation in public civil actions.
• Advice on the negotiation of consent decree.