Creative solutions for business and conflict in the fashion industry
Considered one of the most powerful global industries, fashion played an important role in the Brazilian economy, especially in recent years, with the growth of purchasing power and the diversification of products, services and solutions in digital markets.
“Fashion Law” is an area of law that comprises subjects ranging from the strategies to protect the intellectual property rights of designers and companies (thus combating unauthorized reproduction of its creations and products), to labor, tax, competition and new technology issues in the textile, accessory, cosmetics, perfumes, retail, social media, entertainment, sports and E-commerce industries.
L.O. Baptista is prepared to offer safe, creative and intelligent solutions to its clients, addressing complex legal issues related to Fashion Law. Our team is composed of highly qualified and outstanding lawyers to advise designers, companies and professionals in legal, regulatory and dispute resolution demands, maintaining interface with the most diverse legal areas.
How can we help:
- Advice on transactions involving economic agents in the fashion industry, E-commerce and digital markets.
- Legal structuring of business models in creation, production, advertising, social media, application design, retail and logistics.
- Advice on issues involving infringements of intellectual property (such as counterfeiting, falsification, unauthorized copying and misuse of trademark).
- Advisory (preventive and litigious) in conflicts between brands and stylists, both under the aspect of “copyright”, and in relation to industrial property rights and civil law.
- Drafting and management of franchise agreements, licensing of use of IP rights, commercial concession, commercial representation, distribution (including the adoption of legal measures involving companies).
- Expertise in complex arbitration involving companies in the fashion sector.
- Defending the commercial reputation of creators, digital influencers and fashion entrepreneurs in matters of intellectual property, image rights, consumer and civil liability.
- Legal advice on corporate policies to implement best ethical, environmental and sustainability practices in the fashion segments.