Strategic solutions to develop the sector
Complex and peculiar, the construction contracts from the Infrastructure sector (EPC/turnkey, joint venture, undertaking, construction, and engineering, among others) require specialized following up by experienced professionals. L.O. Baptista has a lawyers’ team specialized and dedicated to preventive and litigation assistance to their clients in engineering projects and infrastructure works construction. The firm, aiming at ensuring a broader coverage, acts in partnership with consultants in an interdisciplinary manner.
We analyze call notices and follow up of the several types of national and international biddings, in addition to representing clients before regulatory agencies and federal, state and municipal authorities in obtaining necessary authorizations and licenses for performing their activities in Brazil.
We provide assistance in regulatory, corporate, tax, fiscal, financial and environmental aspects, meeting the whole investment operation, aiming at reducing risks and maximizing gains.
We perform legal management services related to the works, directed to organize the works records envisaging a possible future need for submitting or analyzing the claims as well as their negotiation or dispute in the arbitration or before the Judiciary.
How we can help:
- Assistance for companies in private and public sector bidding procedures.
- Guidance to companies on modeling Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and Public Service Concessions, including the submission of Expression of Interest (PMIs).
- Assistance in drafting and negotiating of Construction and EPC Contracts, Alliance Agreements, etc.
- Advice on the execution of administrative and private contracts, including drafting of claims for economic and financial rebalancing, legal opinions and analysis of contractual amendments.
- Assistance in preparing and negotiating claims.
- Representation in public civil actions and in administrative improbity and anticorruption lawsuits.
- Assistance in setting up Special Purpose Companies and business consortia.
- Representation in proceedings before Parliamentary Inquiry Commissions (CPIs).
- Representation of companies in Litigation and Arbitration proceedings.
- Assistance in proceedings with the Public Prosecutor’s Office, General Comptroller’s Office and Comptroller’s Office of the federal states and municipalities.
- Assistance in proceedings with the Federal, State and Municipal Courts of Accounts.
Latin Lawyer Reference 2019
Our team was invited to edit the Brazilian chapter of the Latin Lawyer Reference Construction 2019, which features related questions and answers, allowing quick and easy comparisons between jurisdictions in Latin America.