Dynamism and excellence for the new digital challenges
L.O. Baptista acts on several fronts of legal advice on innovation and technology: data protection, cybersecurity, digital platforms, e-commerce, encryption, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT) and autonomous and intelligent systems.
Dispute resolution and strategic litigation are also served in this universe of regulatory complexity and sophistication, as well as the assistance on technical interventions and position documents before executive and legislative bodies in Brazil and abroad (policy affairs).
To serve all these sectors and meet the needs of the companies, start-ups, networks, platforms and organizations, we have a multidisciplinary team comprised of experienced and highly- qualified lawyers, considered references in classic areas of Law.
Since 2018, the firm has been recognized by the international publication Leaders League Startups & Innovation for its outstanding performance in this field.
How we can help:
- Negotiations, complex transactions and legal structuring of business models in digital markets.
- Analysis and structuring of operations involving connection service providers and applications related to the infrastructure, data and Internet content.
- Analysis of applications and digital platforms adequacy policies to the rules of the Internet Civil Framework, international standards and industry practices.
- Elaboration of implementation plans for the General Data Protection Act (LGPD) and compliance policies.
- Dispute resolution and regulatory issues involving privacy, e-commerce, online recommendation systems (ORSs), cybersecurity, digital platforms, system interoperability, payment methods and encryption.
- Advice on searching for and providing data from Internet users and private communication, preventive measures in data interception and legal cooperation involving new technologies and e-evidence (MLATs).
- Advice in cases of liability for security breaches and notification obligations in security incidents.
- Development of strategies to formulate regulatory standards related to Industry 4.0, particularly in data protection, Big Data, artificial intelligence and defense of business models in Internet, innovation and new technologies environments.