Special solutions focused on innovation
Knowing your way around the busy startup environment is a vital step in defining the most suitable legal strategy in any stage of the business lifecycle.
L.O. Baptista offers tailor-made solutions specially designed for this type of business. We draw on the wide experience of our partners and attorneys in the fields of corporate law, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, litigation, compliance, competition, data protection, intellectual property, and labor and tax law.
Our team of experts works in an agile and accurate fashion, anticipating clients’ needs and ensuring legal certainty, a key element for businesses to thrive.
Our performance was recognized by the 2018 and 2019 editions of the Leaders League – Startups & Innovation.
How we can help:
- Providing assistance in corporate and investment transactions, and business and company structuring.
- Counseling on partnership structuring and negotiations.
- Drafting and revising operational and commercial contracts and documents in general.
- Providing legal assistance on transactions involving business operations such as trademark registration, know-how transfer, product licensing, logistics agreements, etc.
- Analyzing the fiscal aspects of the business and providing legal advice on how to create a lean and efficient business structure.
- Advising on the changes needed in order to achieve compliance with the Brazilian general data protection act (LGPD) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), particularly so that any new product development is in line with privacy by design.